WE OFFER CLASSES IN THE ARTWORK OF BEADING. THE INSTRUCTORS AT KNOT JUST BEADS HAVE A COMBINED TEACHING EXPERIENCE OF OVER 40 YEARS. WE ARE DEDICATED TO THE ART OF BEADWORK AS WELL AS THE KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNIQUES USED. OUR INSTRUCTORS WILL USE THEIR EXPERTISE TO LEAD YOU THROUGH AN EXPLORATION OF BEADWORK THAT IS UNPARALLELED. YOU WILL LEAVE CLASS NOT ONLY WITH THE UNDERSTANDING OF HOW A TECHNIQUE PERTAINS TO THE PROJECT AT HAND, BUT YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO TAKE THAT TECHNIQUE AND CREATE YOUR OWN WONDERFUL BEADED OBJECTS OF ART
Need a place to just get away for the day or a few hours and bead. Try our Free Open Bead. Every Friday we offer a Free open bead session. Relax in the serenity of our classroom while you work on your projects. This is a non instructional time for you to get any craft project done(or started). Join others who share your enthusiasm for crafting. Bring a lunch or order out. Staff is available to help with basic questions. Come and join the girls for a fun afternoon.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CABOCHON WORKSHOP AND CABOCHON STUDIOS ARE NOW CALLED BEAD EMBROIDERY WORKSHOP AND BEAD EMBROIDERY STUDIO
CLASS SCHEDULE APR. / MAY 2017
NEW AMARANTE BRACELET: Students will marvel at how just seed beads and rulla beads create such a stunning cuff style bracelet. An Ella Des design. FEE: $20.00
Sunday, Apr. 29 10:30-12:30
BEAD EMBROIDERY STUDIO: Have you taken the cabochon workshop and need some help getting pieces finished or do you just need a little creative jump start? This is the studio for you! Students will work at their own pace while learning advanced cabochon techniques. Prerequisite: Cabochon workshop. FEE: $15.00
Saturday, Apr. 29 2:00-4:00
NEW ASTORIA BRACELET: Students will stitch multiple layers of beads to create a bracelet design that is influenced by the Art Deco period. FEE: $20.00
Saturday, May 6 10:30-12:30
NEW PINCH ME, I’M BEADWEAVING: Combine pinch beads with seed beads and 2 hole beads to create a textural band bracelet. FEE: $15.00
Saturday, May 6 2:00-4:00
NEW DUETS DANCE: Use Super Duo Duets with seed beads to create a uniquely patterned bracelet. Further enhance the bracelet with surface embellishments. FEE: $20.00
Saturday, May 13 10:30-1:00
NEW SABARIA PENDANT: Create a unique bezel for cabochons or Rivolis using Honeycomb beads, fire polish, and seed beads. FEE: $20.00
Saturday, May 13 2:30-4:30
NEW ENCHANTED GARDEN: Students will learn a floral beadweaving technique tat can be used to create multi strand bracelets, wrap bracelets, and necklaces. FEE: $20.00
Saturday, May 20 10:30-12:30
NEW TRILINKED BRACELET: In this advanced peyote stitch class, students will weave 3D triangle frames and then link them together to create a bracelet or necklace. Prerequisite: Students must know how to do Peyote stitch. FEE: $25.00
Saturday, May 27 10:30-1:00
The following classes are scheduled on a one on one basis. Contact the store for available times.
INTRO TO GLASS BEADMAKING:
Learn the art of making glass beads from Milwaukee's only nationally exhibiting lampwork glass Artist, ROBERT JENNIK. Robert has over 15 years of hot glass experience with Moretti glass and has taught at the Bead & Button Show. Enjoy the quiet, meditative experience of melting glass with the Minor Bench Burner torch while you create lampwork beads of your own. Limit 2 students. Class fee includes supplies. FEE: $80.00/ 4 hours
ALL ABOUT ETSY
This class offers some quick solutions to allow you to sell items online. The basics in photographing small items, such as beaded jewelry will be demonstrated. Manipulation of photos in ADOBE PHOTOSHOP will be shown. The second half of this class will be a live online setup of your very own Etsy.com site. This class will take place using a MACINTOSH IMAC computer system. Topics will include:
1) Linking to a paypal account to allow people around the world to purchase from your shop.
2) How to place keywords to enable others to find your site using the GOOGLE search engine.
3) How to set-up sections, shipping options, and load items to sell.
Students will receive up to 10 images of your jewelry ready to load to their Etsy web site.
FEE: $45.00/ 3 hours
"THE FINE PRINT"
2) Classes are for adults only, knot just beads® defines an adult as any person 18 years of age or older.
3) A minimum of 3 students is required to hold any class.
4) Class fees do not include supplies unless otherwise noted. Supply lists will be given upon registration of class.
5) Should you register for a class that requires a prerequisite and you do not meet that prerequisite you will be removed from the class and forfeit your class fee.
6) All classes start promptly at times stated. PLEASE be courteous to fellow class members by being on time. If you are more than 5 minutes late for a class you will not be allowed into the class and you will forfeit your class fee.
7) Not all projects will be completed in class.
8) All written material given in the class is copywritten and thereby protected by copyright laws.
9) Should you miss a class, any class materials and/or supplies will be held for you for 30 days from the date of the class. Materials and/or supplies can be picked up at Knot Just Beads during regular store hours.
Samples of all classes are on display in the store.
All classes will be held at knot just beads®.
knot just beads® reserves the right to refuse
class registration to any one person or persons.